LA DIVINA COMMEDIA
by Dante Alighieri
Texts by Michele Ainis, Mauro Giancaspro and Donato Massaro. The realization of the work was coordinated by the Artist Antonio Nocera.
The printing is made by Matteo Battaglia – Bologna
Characteristics of the work: The work consists of three volumes, Inferno, Purgatorio and Paradiso, hand-bound with a full leather cover and enclosed in an elegant container. The three volumes are made in the 32×32 cm format, on 150 g pure cotton and virgin cellulose paper from responsibly managed sources, for a total of 664 pages with 65 color illustrations by the Artist Antonio Nocera.
Fine edition in a limited edition of 450 copies, of which:
- 299 numbered from 1/299 to 299/299 in Arabic numerals, each accompanied by 1 lithograph 30×30 cm, hand retouched, numbered and signed by the artist;
- 50 copies numbered from I / L to L / L in Roman numerals, each accompanied by 1 unique work 30×30 cm, made in mixed technique on paper;
- 75 copies reserved for the Dante Alighieri Committee of Monaco, each accompanied by 1 unique work 30×30 cm with an ad personam dedication, of which 2 copies made exclusively for S.A.S. Prince Albert II of Monaco and for H.R.H. Princess Caroline of Hanover;
- 25 copies “Prove d’Autore”, each accompanied by 1 unique 50×50 cm work on paper, reserved to the artist;
- A special copy, with a white full leather cover, was made especially for the Holy Father Pope Francis.